Friday witnessed the highest ever single-day spike of COVID-19 cases in the country with over 7400 cases reported in 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday-
1. India witnessed the biggest ever single day spike with 7,466 new cases in 24 hours. The total number of cases in India, as recorded by Ministry of Health in the morning, stands at 1,65,799 with the death toll 4,706.
2. On a more positive end, over 24 lakh people have been cured globally while India has seen more than 71,000 cured cases.
3. Maharashtra recorded 116 deaths today, the highest number of deaths due to COVID-19 in a single day. 2,682 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported today, taking the total number of cases to 62,228. Death toll stands at 2098.
4. In the last 24 hours, 372 new cases of COVID-19, 20 deaths reported in Gujarat. The total tally of positive cases rises to 15,944 including 8,609 cured/discharged, death toll 980 deaths
5. 217 new COVID-19 positive cases reported today in Haryana, taking the total number of positive cases to 1721.
6. 248 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Karnataka today; the total number of positive cases in the state is now 2781, death toll 48.
7. At least 206 frontline workers at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi have tested positive for COVID-19 since February 1. Lately, 11 healthcare staff were reported positive on Friday whereas 30 on Thursday.
8. Total 298 COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Rajasthan till 8:30 pm today; the total number of positive cases in the state is now 8365, death toll 184.
9. Telangana reported 100 new COVID-19 positive cases today, taking the total number of cases in the state to 2008.
10. Odisha Government has decided to exempt the tax and additional tax of Stage Contract Carriages in the State for 3 months i.e. April, May and June 2020, on account of lockdown.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!