As per the latest bulletin released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, there has been a rise of 6,535 cases and 146 deaths in the past 24 hours. The total number of cases in India has now crossed 145,000.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Monday:
1. Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla wrote to all state chief secretaries saying, “Indians who were quarantined in hotels after their return from abroad were made to pay advance for 14 days. Since they can now leave after seven days, amount of rest seven days is to be refunded, and few hotels are refusing that.”
Report: Indians coming back from abroad being charged in advance for 14days quarantine stay by earmarked Hotels@MoHFW_INDIA guidelines allow such persons to leave for home quarantine after 7days
— Spokesperson, Ministry of Home Affairs (@PIBHomeAffairs) May 26, 2020
The letter further states, “You are requested to issue necessary directions to hotels earmarked/used for institutional quarantine to ensure that foreign returnees who were quarantined in hotels and paid advance of 14 days, shall be refunded their balance amount, without any delay.”
2. 236 new positive cases of coronavirus and three deaths have been reported in Rajasthan till 9 pm on Tuesday. Total number of positive cases in the state rises to 7536 including 170 deaths, 4276 recovered and 3090 active cases, the state health department said.
3. The Maharashtra health department said that 2,091 new coronavirus positive cases have been reported in the state on Tuesday; taking the total number of cases to 54,758.
4. Eight new coronavirus cases were reported in Jharkhand on Tuesday — three in Garhwa, two in Koderma, one in Palamu, one at RIMS (Ranchi), one in Dhanbad. The total number of positive cases in the state rose to 416.
5. With 11 new cases of coronavirus reported in Tripura on Tuesday, the total number of cases crossed 200.
Chief Minister Biplab Deb said among the new cases, 10 people have returned from Mumbai by train and one person is a family member of BSF personnel of 86th Battalion.
6. An additional incentive of Rs 1,000 per month shall be admissible to all ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers in Himachal Pradesh for the period from March, 2020 to June 2020, the Himachal Pradesh additional chief secretary (Health) said.
7. “People have gathered there hoping that all 49 trains will leave as promised by you. You must now make sure that all 49 trains take these migrants to their respective destinations,” the Maharashtra minister tweeted.
Mr @PiyushGoyal, you said that you have alloted 49 trains for migrants from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in Mumbai.
The DRM at LTT says only 16 trains can be released.
You must come clear on this issue,
stop playing dirty politics and mind games @PMOIndia @OfficeofUT @PTI_News @ANI pic.twitter.com/uSAPjpnldy
— Nawab Malik نواب ملک नवाब मलिक (@nawabmalikncp) May 26, 2020