India on Saturday recorded its highest ever single-day spike of 6,654 COVID-19 cases, taking the total count to 1,25,101, including 69,597 active cases.
In the last 24 hours, 137 COVID-19 deaths have been reported across the country. The disease has killed 3,720 people so far.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. The Reserve Bank of India on Friday slashed lending rates, predicting India’s GDP growth in 2020-2021 would slow down due to the coronavirus lockdown.
2. The government claimed that the nationwide lockdown had averted 14-29 lakh cases and 37,000-71,000 deaths.
3. The Central government has revised the advisory on the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as prophylactic for COVID-19 infection, expanding the use of the medicine for asymptomatic healthcare and frontline workers deployed in non-COVID and COVID areas.
4. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan took charge as Executive Board chairperson of WHO on Friday.
5. CICSE board to conduct pending class 10, 12 exams from July 1 to 14. Mandatory for candidates to carry sanitiser, wearing gloves optional.
6. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) allowed the travel of certain categories of OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) cardholders to India.
7. Maharashtra recorded the highest spike of 2940 COVID-19 cases in a single day on Friday, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 44,582: State Health Department
8. Tamil Nadu government has asked the Centre to defer resuming flights in the state, where coronavirus cases are increasing.
9. Railway Reservation is open for the public in all classes of 230 trains connecting various stations in the country. Bookings are available online as well as through Railway Reservation Counters.
10. Karnataka reported 138 new cases of coronavirus, taking the total number of infections to 1,743 as the state tested a record 12,229 samples on Friday, the health department said.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram