With another new highest spike in its COVID-19 cases, India has touched figures beyond 1.18 lakh as the death toll surges past 3500.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday morning-
1. Indian reports sharpest spike with 6,088 new cases and 148 deaths in the last 24 hours.
2. Total number of COVID-19 cases in India rises to 1,18,447 with the death toll at 3,583.
– Active cases: 66,330
– Cured/discharged/migrated cases: 48,534
3. India Post Office resumes booking for International Speed Post to 15 countries & International Tracked Packet Services to already available destinations. Delivery timelines will depend on aviation services. Booking for other International Parcels and Letters remain suspended.
4. From today booking/cancellation of reserved tickets shall also be available at Post Offices, Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra licensees and through authorized agents of IRCTC along with Passenger Reservation System counters of reservation centers and Common Service Centers: Indian Railways.
5. Delhi Police reduces COVID-19 fund to infected personnel from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10,000. The amount given to the family of a police official who dies of COVID-19 has been increased from Rs 7 lakhs to Rs 10 lakh.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) May 22, 2020
6. Judges and staff of all the courts in Telangana, including the High Court donated their one-day salary to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) to combat coronavirus pandemic.
A cheque worth Rs 61 Lakhs was handed over by Registrar General of High Court Venkateswar Reddy to Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao.
7. Under the second phase of Vande Bharat Mission, An Air India repatriation flight from New York carrying 327 passengers and one infant is scheduled to land in Delhi at 10:30 am on Friday. The flight will then leave for Chandigarh.
As many 227 Indian nationals will deboard in the national capital and thereafter, the remaining 100 passengers will head to Chandigarh.
8. A total of 633 Shramik special trains have been run from various places in Gujarat carrying migrant workers to their native places in different parts of the country.
9. 94 new COVID-19 positive cases were reported on Thursday in West Bengal, taking the state tally to 3,197, according to State Health Department release.
“The total number of discharged patients in the state is 1,193. There are a total of 1,745 active cases in the state as of Thursday,” it added.
10. Amid the fourth phase of nationwide COVID-19 lockdown, inter-state travel from Karnataka is now permitted with the consent of the receiving state, informed Praveen Sood, Karnataka Director General of Police (DGP) and Inspector General (IG).
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!