Indian Railways will start operations of 200 passenger services from June 1 and booking of all these trains has started from 10 am Thursday on the IRCTC website or through its app.
These special services are in addition to the existing Shramik special trains being run since May 1 and Special AC trains (30 trains) being run since May 12.
Other regular Passenger services including all mail/express, passenger and suburban services shall remain cancelled until further advice. All passengers shall be compulsorily screened and only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to board the train.
Earlier in the day, Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that domestic flights will resume from May 25 and a detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued soon by the Ministry.
Passengers travelling by these special services will observe the following precautions:
1. Only passengers with confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the railway station.
2. All passengers must wear face covers/masks at the entry and during travel.
3. The passengers shall reach the station at least 90 minutes in advance to facilitate thermal screening at the station. Only passengers who are found asymptomatic will be permitted to travel.
4. Passengers shall observe social distancing both at the station and on trains.
5. On arrival at their destination, the travelling passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination state/UT.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
NewsMobile is the mobile first media platform that empowers you, entertains you and makes you smarter with its exclusive stories and user generated content selected by our team of award winning journalists and writers.