Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced a slew of measures on the third day of her addresses, which outline India’s efforts to reboot its economy that has been hit due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday-
- While the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases are closing in on the 82,000-mark, on a more positive end, nearly 28,000 people have been cured in the country, while nearly 16 lakh people have been cured globally.
2. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman specified that on the third day, the focus is on agriculture, food processing and allied activities, that are the backbone of the country.
3. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued additional guidelines on rational use of Personal Protective Equipment (setting approach for Health functionaries working in non-COVID areas).
4. Mizoram extends lockdown till May 31 to check spread of coronavirus.
5. 1576 new COVID-19 positive cases and 49 deaths reported in Maharashtra today, taking the total number of cases to 29,100 and deaths to 1,068. Total 6,564 patients have been recovered/discharged in the state so far.
6. Mumbai records highest single-day spike in COVID-19 cases. 933 fresh cases recorded, 34 deaths. The total positive cases rise to 17,512 and with 655 deaths. 4,658 patients have been discharged so far.
7. Coronavirus death toll in Delhi mounts to 123; cases climb to 8,895.
8. Total number of COVID-19 cases in Karnataka breaches 1,000 mark with 45 people testing positive for the virus.
9. India’s exports in April contract by 60.28% to USD 10.36 billion, as per government data.
10. Odisha Government has promoted all students studying in state government school from Class 1-9 and class 11 to next class. Similarly Class-XI students studying in the schools affiliated to Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) promoted to Class XII.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!