The government has already commenced the Vande Bharat mission plan to evacuate Indian nationals struck abroad in various countries. It is one of the biggest evacuation missions to be undertake in in modern history. The process began on Thursday (May 7, 2020).
Three different Ministries are coordinating in this mission. They are the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Those wanting to return home will have to pay for their return journey and will be subjected to strict health protocols as laid down by the government.
Also Read: NewsMobile Saturday Wrap
The schedule for May 9, 2020:
1. Air India Dhaka-Delhi will be landing at the IGI Airport in New Delhi with 129 passengers.
2. Air India (IX0681) Kuala Lumpur-Trichy (Tamil Nadu) will be landing in Trichy.
3. Air India (IX 442) will take off from Muscat in Oman and land at Kochi with around 180 passengers.
4. AI 191 from Newark to Mumbai.
5. AI 987 from Kuwait to Hyderabad
6. Air India flight from Sharjah in UAE to Lucknow.
This is the flight schedule for today. Approximately 850 Indians are expected to return home.
The first phase of the mission is expected to last till May 17.
Plan for the coming days:
Evacuation plans for several nations around India’s immediate and extended neighbourhood nations such as the US and UK have been planned.
This mission hopes to evacuate 14,800 stranded Indians from 12 countries and 64 flights will be operated.
Apart from these flights, three naval ships will be deployed to Maldives and UAE to evacuate Indians stranded there.
The operations in the Maldives have already begun.