With the total number of COVID-19 cases nearing the 50,000-mark in India, and a lot of things opening up in the in several states, there is a slew of developments that the country has witnessed.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Wednesday-
1. The total number of cases in India stands at 49,391, with the death toll at 1,694.
– Active cases: 33,514
– Cured/discharged/migrated cases: 14,183
2. Export of alcohol based sanitizers has been prohibited by Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
3. Summer vacation in government and government aided schools shall be observed as usual from 11th May to 30th June for students. However, keeping in view COVID-19, students shall not be called to schools for any teaching learning activity during summer vacation: Delhi Directorate of Education.
4. Delhi Government has issued guidelines ‘for handling of the passengers coming from abroad and landing at Delhi Airport in view of planned phased return of Indians stranded abroad by Ministry of External Affairs’.
5. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare issues ‘guidance document on appropriate management of suspect/confirmed cases of COVID-19’ for Railway Coaches – COVID Care Centers.
6. Air India evacuation flights to UK, US delayed as COVID-19 test reports of crew members still awaited.
7. 34 deaths and 1,233 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Maharashtra today, taking the total number of cases in the state to 16,758; death toll stands at 651.
8. Haryana reported one more COVID-19 death on Wednesday as the number of people testing positive for the infection rose to 594 with 46 fresh cases.
9. 118 more COVID-19 cases reported in Uttar Pradesh today, as of 6 pm. Total number of cases in the state is now at 2,998, including 1,808 active cases, 1,130 discharged, and 60 deaths.
10. Maruti Suzuki India Limited would re-start production of vehicles at its Manesar plant from May 12, 2020. All activities would be carried out strictly in accordance with the govt regulations: Sanjeev Grover, Vice President & Company Secretary of Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!