The Health Ministry in its briefing stated that the country has seen an improvement in the recovery rate as as well as the doubling rate, which has improve considerably post lockdown.
Here are the key takeaways from Health Ministry’s media briefing on Thursday-
– Recovery rate has improved from 13.06% to above 25% in 14 days, while the fatality rate is 3.2%. A progressive recovery rate has been observed.
– Doubling rate of the cases has now increased to 11 days, before lockdown it was 3.4 days.
– Assam and Telangana at doubling rate of more than 40 days. Tamil Nadu’s recovery rate is satisfactory as per IMCT Chennai- 57% of people with COVID-19 have recovered.
– Co-morbidities was found in COVID-19 patients in 78% of the deaths.
– 1,718 new cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 33,050.
– 630 patients were cured in the last 24 hours.
– In order to de-congest hospitals, all asymptomatic patients without co-morbidity should be shifted to appropriate COVID-19 Care Centres immediately and hospitals should ensure that no admission is granted to asymptomatic positive patients without co-morbidity.
– Private hospitals should not refuse services or shut down clinics or insist on COVID-19 negative tests before accepting patients.
– Sufficient availability of Hydroxychloroquine has been ensured in the field. “India has considered Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic treatment currently. India has participated in solidarity test protocols with WHO”.
– As far as testing and treatment protocol is concerned we have to use RT-PCR test only.
– Migrants, students have been allowed to return to their home states, after precautions are taken. They’ll be screened and allowed to go if they are asymptomatic in sanitized buses.
– Central Team visiting Hyderabad has found that the state has adequate number of testing kits, PPE, etc. The state is using an end-to-end IT dashboard to track patients right from testing to discharge.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!