India has now crossed the 20,000-mark with the total positive cases and has been witnessing an upwards trend with figures related to COVID-19.
Here are the top 10 developments of the day-
1. In the last 24 hours, 49 deaths and 1,486 new cases have been reported.
2. The total positive cases in India now stands at 20,471, with 15,859 active cases. The death toll now stands at 652 and 3960 people have been cured.
3. 92 new COVID19 positive cases, 1 death reported today; the total number of positive cases in Delhi is now 2248, death toll 48.
4. Number of COVID19 ‘containment zones’ in Delhi rises to 89 after two areas in the Lado Sarai area added to the list.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) April 22, 2020
5. Indian Council of Medical Research has issued a protocol for using rapid antibody tests for COVID-19 after issues were raised by few States about the rapid antibody tests. These latest directions come a day after ICMR advised States not to use rapid testing kits for next 2 days.
6. Central Government has brought an ordinance to end violence against health workers, carries imprisonment from 6 months to 7 years if anyone found guilty.
7. Amendment to be made to Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and Ordinance will be implemented. Such crime will now be cognizable and non-bailable. Investigation will be done within 30 days. Accused can be sentenced from 3 months-5 years and penalised from Rs 50,000 upto Rs 2 lakh.
8. 71 Delhi Police personnel directed to be in quarantine after they came in contact with a head constable deputed at Delhi Police Special Cell who has tested positive for COVID-19.
9. 431 new COVID-19 cases and 18 deaths have been reported today in Maharashtra, taking number of cases to 5,649 and deaths to 269 in the State. Out of the new deaths, 10 reported in Mumbai. 789 patients have recovered from the disease in the State so far.
10. 112 fresh cases have been reported in Uttar Pradesh today, taking total number of cases to 1,449. 21 patients have succumbed to the infection while 173 others have recovered. Pratapgarh district has become COVID-19 free.
For all the constant updates related to COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES with NewsMobile.