In the last 24 hours, India has again showed a spike in trends as it has reported 1,334 new COVID-19 cases and 27 new deaths.
Here are the key takeaways from Health Ministry’s daily briefing on Sunday-
– Total number of cases now stands at 15,712.
Total positive cases: 12974
Total cured/discharged cases: 2231
Death toll: 507
– There are 755 dedicated hospitals and 1,389 dedicated health care centers in the country.This takes the total dedicated facilities – where severe or critical patients can be treated – to 2,144.
– No new case reported in Mahe in Puducherry and Karnataka’s Kodagu in the last 28 days.
– 54 other districts in 23 States/Union Territories didn’t report any cases in last 14 days.
– Historical data across the world show that there is not a big percentage of asymptomatic persons testing COVID-19 positive. High risk asymptomatic persons are part of sampling criteria. We test and monitor them: Health Ministry
– We have done 3,86,791 tests so far. Yesterday 37,173 tests were done, out of these 29,287 tests were done in labs of ICMR network. 7,886 tested in private sector labs: Dr Raman R Ganga-khedkar, ICMR.