The 21-day lockdown implemented in India will continue till May 3. Announcing this in a televised address to the nation, PM Narendra Modi on Monday said that all the states will be scrutinized on how effectively they have dealt with containing the virus and those states which have done well may see conditional relaxations being given April 20 onwards.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Wednesday morning-
1. Total number cases in India reach 11,439.
No. of active cases- 9,756
No. of cases cured/discharged- 1,305
Death toll- 377
(As per the latest figures by Health Ministry)
38 deaths and 1076 new cases reported in the last 24 hours.
2. With 2,687 cases Maharashtra continued to top the list.
3. A total of 55 areas have been identified as containment zones by the Delhi government.
4. A total of 2,44,893 samples from 2,29,426 individuals have been tested as on April 14, 2020, 9 PM: ICMR
5. As the government extended the lockdown to May 3 and suspended all flight operations, domestic and international, the airlines have decided to not refund the customers and have instead offered to reschedule their tickets without any additional fee.
6. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has ordered that door-to-door screening be carried out in the coronavirus affected districts of Bihar, starting April 16.
7. 51 new cases take Delhi’s coronavirus count to 1,561. The death toll in the capital stands at 30.
8. As of April 14, there are 90 red zones in Jammu and Kashmir. 14 in Jammu and 76 in Kashmir: Department of Information and Public Relations, Govt of Jammu & Kashmir.
9. Two dead & 76 test positive, of which 65 are residents of Indore & 11 are from other states who were staying in Indore. Total positive cases in the district stand at 438: Dr. Jyoti Bindal, Dean of MGM Medical College, Indore
10.Telangana to begin doorstep delivery of essentials in Hyderabad.
For all the latest updates on COVID-19, follow the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile.