Here are the top ten Coronavirus related developments in India this Wednesday:
1. The Supreme Court has ordered the government to provide free Covid-19 testing facilities at all government and private labs accredited to the NABL or approved by ICMR or WHO.
2. Delhi government has sealed 20 hotspots in the city to check the spread of coronavirus. The sealed hotspots include places in Malviya Nagar, Dwarka, Nizammudin, Vasundhara Enclave, Mayur Vihar Phase 1 Extension and I.P Extension. Deputy CM Manish Sisodia has announced that these areas will be sealed and entry and exit will not be permitted. Rations and other essential items will be directly delivered to the households.
3. In a similar move, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to seal hotspots spread across 15 districts in the state. The districts affected by this sealing include Noida (Gautam Buddha Nagar), Lucknow, Varanasi and Agra. Only home delivery of essential items will be permitted to the sealed hotspots.
4. Delhi and Mumbai have made wearing of masks– including homemade ones– compulsory in public places. Non compliance of this rule will invite stiff penalties including arrests.
5. Haryana Health Department has said that 10 individuals who have tested positive in Gurugram district have been traced to the Tablighi Jamaat event in New Delhi.
6. The Supreme Court has also come down heavily on incidents of violence being reported across the country against doctors and has asked the state governments to provide security at the treatment centres.
7. Foreign Secretary Harsh Shringla had a telephonic conversation with his US counterpart discussed enhanced cooperation in fighting the battle against Covid-19.
8. India and China are in talks over supply of essential medical supplies.
9. Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla has asked the states to invoke the Essential Commodities Act to curb black marketing of essential supplies.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hinted that the 21-day lockdown may well continue past April 14.
PM CARES Fund:
You can contribute to the PM CARES Fund through HDFC Bank too. Donate using the following account details:
Account Name: PM Cares
Account No: 59194700000000
IFSC Code: HDFC0000011
Branch Name & Code: 0011, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi