The positive COVID-19 cases in India has jumped to 4,789 and the death toll due to the deadly virus has risen to 124.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Wednesday morning
1. Total confirmed cases have risen to 4,789, in which 4,312 are active cases and 353 are those who have been recovered. While the death toll reached 124.
2. Maharashtra became the first state to report more than 1,000 cases.
3. India has partially lifted the ban on the export of the anti-malaria drug – hydroxychloroquine.
4. A total of 1,14,015 samples have been tested so far, of which 4616 individuals have been confirmed positive.
5. 108 quarantined in Tripura who came in contact with the state’s lone COVID-19 patient
6. Indian Railways has till now prepared 40,000 isolation beds in 2,500 coaches. And they are making 375 isolation beds daily and this is going on across 133 locations across the country, said Lav Aggarwal, Joint Secretary, in the daily Health Ministry briefing on Tuesday.
7. On hydroxychloroquine, Aggarwal said the pharma ministry is monitoring the production of the drug and assured that the country has sufficient quantities for the needs.
8. Government has been adopting a strategy for cluster containment for outbreaks that are amenable to management. This strategy is producing positive results, especially in Agra, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Pathanamthitta, Bhilwara and East Delhi.
9. 136 government labs are working and 59 private labs have been given permission.
10. A recent Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) study shows that if one COVID-19 patient doesn’t follow lockdown orders or practice social distancing, then the patient can infect 406 people in 30 days.