The number of cases has been on a constant rise as India’s total number of confirmed cases on Wednesday crossed the 5000-mark.
Here are the key takeaways from the Health Ministry’s daily briefing today-
– Total number of positive cases: 5,194
Poeple discharged till date: 402
No of deaths: 149
In last one day 773 positive cases were reported. Around 32 people died yesterday.
– Sufficient stock of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) available in country.
– Till date we have done 1,21,271 tests: R Gangakhedkar, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
– Most coronavirus patients in India display ‘mild’ or ‘very mild’ symptoms.
– In 31 states/UTs, cash benefits of Rs 1000 to Rs 6000 have been announced for registered construction workers under Building & Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Cess Fund. A sum of Rs 3000 crore have been given to 2 crore registered construction workers till date.