COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc across the globe. As per latest numbers, the virus has affected over 180 countries.
Here are the top 10 global developments this Tuesday morning:
1. The total number of cases stands at 1,346,299 and the number of deaths at 74,679.
2. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to ICU as coronavirus symptoms worsen.
3. China reports no new coronavirus-related casualty for the first time since January.
4. President Donald Trump said that Americans are praying for the recovery of a friend to the nation, UK’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson who was moved to intensive care unit after his COVID-19 symptoms worsened.
5. US President Donald Trump says we need some flights to US Coronavirus hot spots for emergency use.
6. The United States records 1,150 Coronavirus deaths in the last 24 hours.
7. France has reported 833 new coronavirus deaths in the past day, the highest daily toll since its outbreak began.
8. New York which is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, has finally started to show the first signs of controlling the crisis. Its staggering death and hospitalization rates have started to stabilize.
9. The World Health Organisation said that the wearing of medical masks by the general public could exacerbate the shortage for health workers.
10. The World Health Organisation warned on Tuesday that the world needs nearly six million nurses amid the COVID-19 outbreak.