With the increase of 354 COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths in the last 24 hours, the number of positive COVID-19 cases in the country has reached 4,421.
In Tuesday’s briefing, Lav Aggarwal, Joint Secretary,Health Ministry stressed on the fact that speculations on the relaxation of the lockdown should be avoided until an official decision is announced.
Here are the key takeaways from the briefing-
– Till now 326 persons have been discharged after recovery. Till now there are 4,421 COVID-19 positive cases in the country, including 354 cases in the last 24 hours.
– Government has been adopting a strategy for cluster containment for outbreaks that are amenable to management. This strategy is producing positive results, especially in Agra, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Pathanamthitta, Bhilwara and East Delhi.
– Indian Railways has prepared 40,000 isolation beds in 2,500 coaches. They are making 375 isolation beds daily and this is going on across 133 locations across the country.
– Status of essential goods & services is by & large satisfactory. The Home Minister did a detailed review of the status of essential commodities & lockdown measures, he gave directions to take appropriate measures and ensure hoarding & black marketing is not done.
– On hydroxychloroquine, Aggarwal says the pharma ministry is monitoring the production of the drug, and assures that the country has sufficient quantities for the needs.
– A recent Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) study shows that if 1 COVID-19 patient doesn’t follow lockdown orders or practice social distancing, then the patient can infect 406 people in 30 days.
– 1,07,006 tests have been conducted till now. Currently, 136 government labs are working and 59 private labs have been given permission.