Thursday has been an active day south of the Vindhyas. Most of the energies have been spent fighting the deadly Coronavirus. The Southern region has three of the four most affected states due to COVID-19. Here are some of the important developments:
1. Inter state dispute between Karnataka and Kerala-
The Kerala High Court ordered the Centre and the Karnataka government to open up the Kerala- Karnataka border and allow the patients from the state to avail treatment in Mangaluru.
However, Karnataka has indicated that it will be approaching the Supreme Court to challenge this verdict.
2. Bengaluru Urban and Mysuru have been recognised as two of the 25 COVID-19 hot sports that have been designated by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
3. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu have reported a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases related to the Tablighi Jamaat gathering in New Delhi.
In the Video- conference with the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers BS Yeddyurappa and Eddapadi Palaniswamy have said that the police forces of the two states are undertaking all efforts to track the offenders.
4. The Tamil Nadu Health Department has indicated that establishments in the state will be heavily penalised for not following the COVID-19 safety guideline issued by the states. This is related to safety and cleanliness.
5. The Coimbatore District Administration has intercepted trucks illegally transporting about 250 migrant labourers from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
The Drivers have been arrested and the workers are being provided food. The hunt is in to track the agents involved in this criminal activity.