US President Donald Trump at a press conference on Tuesday, said that his administration has crushed terrorism in its totality and is continuing to wage a war against this menace. This came in response to a question raised by the Editor in Chief of NewsMobile, Saurabh Shukla.
The President also appreciated the role played by Indian investors who have invested billions of dollars in the US and hoped they will continue to do so over the next few years.
Here are some of the main points raised by the President:
1. The issue of Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 was an internal issue of India and it wasn’t discussed between the two sides.
2. The issue of Jammu & Kashmir and relations between India and Pakistan was discussed. He said that he will mediate to whatever extent he can. He also said that both PM Modi and PM Imran Khan were gentlemen and he has good relations with both.
3. The issue of religious freedom was discussed and he felt as a country, India was tolerant and followed democratic ethos.
4. President Trump was confident of securing a deal with Indians over trade and investments, but said India will have to reduce tariff rates.
5. He also touched upon the nemace of Coronavirus and said that the situation is under control in the US. He has spoken to President Xi regarding this and China is working hard on it.
5. Overall, President Trump felt this trip has been great and has has only enhanced the relations that the two countries currently enjoy. He said it was a ‘diplomacy of friendship’.
The US President will now proceed to the Rashtrapati Bhavan for a state banquet organized in his honour, before leaving for the US.