It will be a big day for Indo US relations as US President Donald Trump will sit down for a summit meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Mod at Hyderabad House on Tuesday on day 2 of his visit.
Defence deals worth more than USD 3 billion are expected to be signed and a joint statement that will spell out their future roadmap of cooperation will be released.
They will have a packed substantive agenda, here are the highlights,
1. The President will receive a ceremonial welcome at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
2. After this he will proceed to the Rajghat to pay his respects to Mahatma Gandhi.
3. From the Rajghat, the delegation will move to Hyderabad House where official business will be conducted. Other important agreements apart from defence will include those related to civil aviation, intellectual property rights, mental health amongst others are expected to be signed.
4. As far as defence agreement is concerned, the important MH-80 Multi-combat helicopter deal is on the anvil, apart from more Apache helicopters and the P-81 long surveillance aircraft.
5. There are speculations that an economic agreement, atleast a limited one may be signed. President Trump mentioned it in his address before the Motera stadium.
6. From Hyderabad House, there is a meeting organized at the US Embassy wherein President Trump will meet Indian investors.
7. Later in the evening, the President of India will organize a banquet in the honour of the visiting dignitary.
8. The President will then depart for the US.