A picture with alleged facts about Shah Jahan – the Mughal emperor who built Taj Mahal – has been doing the rounds on social media.
It lists the following pieces of information:
1. Mumtaz was Shah Jahan’s 4th wife out of 7 wives
2. Shah Jahan killed Mumtaz’s husband to marry her
3. Mumtaz died during her 14th delivery
4. After her death Shah Jahan married Mumtaz’s sister
Where the hell was love?
The original post had more than 1,000 shares at the time of filing this report.
NewsMobile fact-checked the information in the post.
- Mumtaz was Shah Jahan’s 4th wife out of 7 wives
While different reports mention different numbers, according to Britannica, it is clear that Mumtaz was Shah Jahan’s second wife.
- Shah Jahan killed Mumtaz’s husband to marry her: From the above Britannica article, it is clear that Mumtaz only ever had one husband i.e. Shah Jahan.
- Mumtaz died during her 14th delivery: This is true.
- After her death Shah Jahan married Mumtaz’s sister.
When doing a Google search, we found no reports that mention anything along these lines.
Hence it is proved that three out of four items on the above picture are false.
If you want to fact-check any story, WhatsApp it now on +91 88268 00707
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news