US President Donald Trump gave a rock star performance addressing a record crowd at the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera and scripted a new dawn for Indo-US ties on Monday.
The President discussed everything from Bollywood to defence ties to economic ties between the two countries.
Here are the key takeaways from his speech:
1. India is a land of opportunities, diversity and a thriving democracy that has progressed over ages and has done through democracy and peace.
2. America loves India, America respects India and America will always be a faithful and loyal friend to the Indian people.
3. Thank you for the phenomenal welcome, we received it.
4. We have defeated radical Islamic terrorism.
5. India should take pride in its past and achievements.
6. We will defeat the scourge of terrorism together.
7. Modi is a tough negotiator and we are confident of signing the largest economic deal with India and further our economic ties.
8. PM Modi is a living example of the value of India and has worked towards changing its destiny.
9. US has done well and is progressing.
10. We will sign a US $3 bn defence deal with India tomorrow and we are committed towards becoming India’s premier defence partner.
11. We have good ties with Pakistan and will work together with India towards tacking the issue of Pakistan Sponsored Terrorism.
12. India and the US will work towards a common strategy in the Indo-Pacific region.
13. We will always remember this remarkable hospitality. India will hold a special place in our hearts. PM Modi started as a “tea wallah”, he worked as a tea seller.