AAP releases Delhi govt’s report card ahead of polls

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday released a report card of the work done by his Aam Aadmi Party-led Delhi government in the past five years.

The AAP convenor launched ‘AAP ka Report Card’, which describes his government’s achievements.

Releasing the report card, Kejriwal said the government had worked on delivering all the promises made to the public with a focus on education, health, electricity and water while being the most honest government in the country.

Main points:

  • “No citizen of Delhi will have to worry about his/her medical expenses anymore. We have made free healthcare accessible to everyone and have inaugurated more than 400 Mohalla clinics and transformed the government hospitals,” he said.

 

  • Listing quality education and free health facility as its top achievement, Kejriwal said, “In 70 years, 17,000 classrooms were made in government schools in Delhi. In five years, we have made 20,000 new classrooms. All other States together would not have made these many classrooms.”

 

  • “It’s a matter of great pride for me to say that Delhi is the only city with 24×7 electricity and the only city to get free electricity up to 200 units,“ Kejriwal said.

  • Talking about water, he said: “When we came to power only 58% of households in Delhi had access to water which have now increased to 93%. The remaining 7% will soon.”

 

  • He also spoke about the CCTV cameras in the city saying, “1.4 lakh CCTVs have been installed in Delhi with 1.4 lakh more to be installed soon. Installation of 2 lakh streetlights to commence from Dec 26. We’re ready to install 20 lakh streetlights if necessary but we won’t compromise on women safety.”

 

  • “We do not see the residents of Unauthorised Colonies as our vote bank, rather we consider the residents of these colonies as our family. We have, thus, invested Rs 8,000 Cr on unauthorised colonies to ensure its residence a dignified life,” Kejriwal said.

The AAP will commence its signature door-to-door campaign from December 26. The Aam Aadmi Party won 67 out of 70 seats in the 2015 Delhi Assembly elections.

Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news

For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here