The Uttar Pradesh (UP) State government headed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has cleared 25 infrastructure related projects which are to be implemented and completed by 2022, the year the state will vote in its Legislative Assembly elections.
These cleared projects include the:
1. Jewar International Airport near Noida,
2. Ganga Expressway which is about 1020 Kms in length connecting the districts of Meerut and Prayagraj,
3. 400 Kms Purvanchal Expressway connecting the districts of Ballia and Azamgarh in Eastern Uttar Pradesh with the state capital Lucknow,
4. 91 Kms Gorakhpur Link Expressway which will link the District to the Purvanchal Expressway,
5. The Kashi Vishwanath corridor which seeks to enlarge the three prominent Ghats along the Ganges river and increase the facilities for the pilgrims visiting the holy temple,
6. Setting up of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Gorakpur and Rae Bareli and
7. Metro rail projects in cities like Prayagraj, Meerut, Agra and Kanpur.
To ensure the timely completion of these projects, the government has set up a five- member monitoring group which will conduct weekly meetings and take stock of the progress and remove obstacles that may creep into these projects.
The Chief Secretary of the state has also asked the officials to set deadlines and weekly targets to be followed.
The government headed by Yogi Adityanath has claimed to have improved the infrastructural and the Law and Order situation in the state. It will seek to highlight the completion of these projects as it approaches the electorate seeking a second term in office.