PM Narendra Modi addressed the BRICS Business council meeting that took place at Brasilia. He called for intense cooperation between different member states and institutions to ensure that economic prosperity and its benefits can reach the citizens of these nations.
Here are the key highlights of the speech:
1. Before next BRICS summit, we should target to achieve US $500 Billion between the BRICS nations and in this regard a roadmap should be prepared. Only then, will it become our identity.
2. An agreement between the New Development Bank and BRICS Business Council will be beneficial for both the organizations and will assist in their growth.
3. He appealed to the members of the BRICS gathering as well as the New Development Bank to join the ‘Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure’(this is India launched and Indian led initiative).
4. He requested the immediate opening up of the NDB’s regional office in India. This will assist us in executing projects which helps us meet our national priorities.
5. To strengthen the BRICS economic assistance program, it is important to strengthen institutions such as BRICS Business council and New Development Bank.
6. The PM also suggested a working group to share best practices amongst the members from the small and medium enterprises.
7. Suggestion on harnessing agro-tech start-up network for people’s betterment.