Birthday celebration turns into murder after woman and friend have a tiff

Gurugram, Man, murder, wife, slit, four-year old, son, neck, NewsMobile, City Scape, Mobile News, India
Representative image

An altercation in a hotel room led to the murder of a 33-year-old woman. She was allegedly murdered by her 21-year-old friend, who had accompanied her for her birthday party. They were in a room at an OYO Hotel room in outer Delhi’s Alipur on Monday night.

According to the police, her friend by the name of Vikki Mann, fled the hotel on Monday night after allegedly murdering her, but was later arrested from Alipur area.

According to his statement to the police, Mann said that while he was drinking alcohol with the woman in the hotel room, she slapped him for no reason. He retaliated. At this, the woman allegedly threw a glass filled with alcohol at him. A scuffle broke out during which Mann allegedly strangled the woman. The couple had met through social media around a year ago.

Also Read: Delhi: Air quality likely to reach severe plus category

As per a report in HT, a hotel staff discovered the woman’s body on the bed with blood oozing out of her nose and mouth on Tuesday morning, when he went to serve breakfast.

Deputy commissioner of police (outer north) Gaurav Sharma said on Tuesday that around 10.30am, the Alipur police received a call that a woman was unconscious and bleeding in an OYO Flagship hotel room. A police team went there and rushed the woman to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. Her body was moved to a government hospital mortuary for autopsy.

The hotel staff has told the police that the room was booked online in the woman’s name and a man had accompanied her to the hotel Monday. The identification documents that the couple had submitted at the hotel’s reception helped the police identify them. The woman’s family members in Khera Kalan near Alipur were informed about her death. She was married to another man and had two children.

A hotel staff told the media that the woman and Mann had visited the hotel six to seven times in the last five months. On Monday night, the staffer said, the couple had been playing songs loudly on the TV in the room.
Around midnight, the staffer saw Mann leaving the hotel and asked him where he was going. “The man told me that he was going home and would return soon. He told us that his friend was there in the room,” the staffer added.

“We are extremely saddened by the incident and offer our deepest condolences to the bereaved family. The safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance to us. OYO follows all protocols during check-in of guests including identity proofs and the entries in arrival and departure register. Relevant documents as required by the enforcement authorities have already been handed over to the concerned authorities. Since the matter is under investigation, we are cooperating with the authorities and are providing all possible support,’’ an OYO spokesperson said in a press statement.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here