Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday congratulated the people of Delhi for the success of ’10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute’ campaign against dengue and announced that no deaths were caused by the disease this year.
“I am proud to say that we have successfully defeated dengue. There were more than 15,000 cases in the year 2015 and 60 deaths. This year, there have been less than 1,100 cases until last week and no deaths,” Kejriwal said in a video message on Twitter.
आज #10Hafte10Baje10Minute अभियान का आखिरी रविवार है
2015 – 15,000 केस और 60 मौतें हुई थी
2019 – 1,000 केस और एक भी जान नहीं गई
जिस समय दुनिया में कई देश डेंगू से जूझ रहे हैं, आज दिल्ली ने डेंगू का एक इलाज दुनिया के सामने पेश किया है।
I am proud of you, Delhi. Thank you! pic.twitter.com/6Gp1nc0fiU
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) November 10, 2019
The Chief Minister said that people from all walks of life, including celebrities, film-stars and journalists participated in the campaign.
“I want to congratulate the people of Delhi. 10 weeks back, together we started the fight to combat dengue. We initiated the campaign 10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute, Har Ravivar, Dengue Par Vaar. It’s the 10th week today and the last Sunday of checking your home for stagnant clean water,” he said.
“I hope the entire world can initiate such campaigns. More than 100 countries are suffering from dengue but they did not know how to combat this disease. But Delhi has shown them the way. I am really proud of the people of Delhi. Thank you!” Kejriwal added.
He also wished other states that are grappling with dengue could also initiate such campaigns.
Kejriwal also said that the campaign was initiated to ensure that Delhi does not witness another outbreak of the deadly disease.