PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation on 9th November after the Ayodhya verdict has been announced and the Kartarpur corridor project has been inaugurated.
Here are the key highlights of the address to the nation;
Also Read: NewsMobile Explainer: Supreme Court’s judgement on the Ayodhya land case
1. Fear, acrimony and hatred have no place in ‘New India’.
2. Years of acrimony has ended today. People wanted daily hearing of this case and the Supreme Court has fulfilled this wish.
3. Proud of India’s ‘unity in diversity’. The 1.25 billion people of India have been a part of this process. Coming generations will remember this day.
4. The World knew that India is the largest democracy of the world but today they have also realised that it is living and strong in character.
5. The Supreme Court of India has displayed courage and patience in dealing with this case. The entire Supreme Court, Judiciary and the Judicial system deserves to the praised after today. The court has also given a message to all that disputes can be settled in accordance with the constitution.
6. Historically, today the Berlin wall fell back in 1989. With the inauguration of the Kartarpur corridor, a message of cooperation has been given.
7. It is a new beginning from today and coming generations will be impacted by it.
8. Let us ensure that in ‘New India’, we believe in ‘Sabka Sath’, ‘Sabka Vikas’ and ‘Sabka Vishwas’.
9. Citizens have an added responsibility now. Rule of law should be upheld. Fundamental duties should be followed in order to ensure a brighter future.
10. Tomorrow is eid, a festive occasion. Let us ensure a new beginning.
The PM address to the nation has been bold and ‘New India’ will surely be a nation which will claim its legitimate place in the comity of nations.