Karnakata Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Tuesday expanded his cabinet with the induction of 17 ministers.
The expansion came three weeks after Yediyurappa was sworn in as the CM of the southern state following the collapse of the previous Congress-Janata Dal coalition government.
The 17 ministers sworn-in on Tuesday to the Karnataka cabinet (in-order of appearance) are:
1. Govind M Karjol (Mudhol, Bagalkot)
2. CN Ashwath Narayan (Malleshwaram, Bengaluru)
3. Laxman Sangappa Savadi (Athani, Belagavi)
4. KS Eshwarappa (Shimoga)
5. R Ashoka (Padmanabhanagar, Bengaluru)
6. Jagadish Shettar (Hubli-Dharwad Central, Dharwad)
7. B Sreeramulu (Molakalmuru, Chitradurga)
8. S Suresh Kumar (Rajajinagar, Bengaluru)
9. V Somanna (Govindarajanagar, Bengaluru)
10. CT Ravi (Chickamagalur)
11. Basavaraj Bommai (Shiggaon, Haveri)
12. Kota Shrinivas Poojari (Member of Legislative Council)
13. JC Mahdhu Swamy (Chikknayakanhalli, Tumkur)
14. Chandrakantagouda Channappagouda Patil
15. H Nagesh
16. Prabhu Chauhan
17. Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb
After the induction of the 17 ministers in the cabinet, CM Yediyurappa tweeted, “Congratulations to the newly inducted cabinet ministers. Together, let us work towards unveiling a new era of development, growth and prosperity in line with the aspirations of the people of Karnataka and the vision of PM Narendra Modi.”
Congratulations to the newly inducted cabinet ministers. Together, let us work towards unveiling a new era of development, growth and prosperity in line with the aspirations of the people of Karnataka and the vision of PM @narendramodi pic.twitter.com/mWxBpNiAdN
— B.S. Yediyurappa (@BSYBJP) August 20, 2019
The Chief Minister, criticised by the Congress and JD(S) for the delay in the appointment of ministers, proposed the names of 17 MLAs including KS Eshwarappa, Jagdish Shettar, CT Ravi and Basavaraj Bommai to Governor Vajubhai Vala on Monday.
“Within two-three hours, I am going to get the final list from Amit bhai (BJP president Amit Shah). So, cabinet expansion will be done tomorrow,” Yediyurappa told reporters on Monday.