Today in Parliament, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave a detailed reply on the discussion on the Union Budget 2019 in the Rajya Sabha.
She said, “The Budget boosts investments without compromising on fiscal consolidation roadmap. Centre’s net tax revenue for 2019-20 is Rs 16.49 lakh crore, which is up by 11.13 per cent over the previous year.”
On the other hand, Union Minister Piyush Goyal thanked the Lok Sabha members for putting up a discussion on the Union Budget 2019 on Thursday and spoke on the Demands for Grants under the control of the Ministry of Railways, 2019-20.
1. “The budget is an important milestone this year because it is the second budget post introduction of GST,” Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said in the Rajya Sabha.
2. Lok Sabha passes the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
3. The Congress party gave Adjournment Motion Notice in the Lok Sabha over the alleged killing of Dalits in Gujarat.
4. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said there was ‘no question’ of privatisation of the railways, but said the ministry will invite investments for new lines and projects in the national interest.
5. Naga People’s Front leader KG Kenye speaks in the Rajya Sabha on the water crisis in the country
ALSO READ: Budget boosts investments without compromising on fiscal consolidation roadmap: Sitharaman in RS
6. Congress’ Motilal Vohra gives Zero Hour Notice in Rajya Sabha over ‘suppressing of information about frauds by the banks.’
7. While answering a question during Question Hour in the Lower House, Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, said, “19,000 wellness centres have already been set up in the country out of a total number of 1,50,000. Around 32 lakh people have benefitted from the Ayushman Bharat scheme.”
8. Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in Lok Sabha said: “Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus was to be established in areas like Malappuram, Kishanganj & Murshidabad where there is more Muslim population.”
Both the Houses adjourned till 11 am Monday, July 15.