Undergraduate applications procedures have rolled in on full force in different states, with the Delhi University starting their procedures a little later than earlier years.
The online application for DU universities has been made accessible on their official website (https://ug.du.ac.in/) from 30th May until 14th June. Close to 2.38 lakh students have registered on the website.
Apart from a pool of different subjects and colleges under DU, minority colleges like St.Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College(JMC) have their independent admission portals that aspiring students must register under along with the DU application form. The Delhi University application when completed generates a registration number for each student, which is mandatory for completing the application procedures of both Stephens and JMC.
To access the colleges and their admission proceedings, one could refer to the following links-
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi (https://ugadm.ststephens.edu/)
- Jesus and Mary College, Delhi (https://jmcadmission.in/student/)
Things to remember when registering for the above-mentioned colleges;
- The full DU application process with payment must be complete before submitting the individual college applications.
- Apart from general information regarding curriculum, the colleges have a section for SOPs (Statement of Purposes) that allows the student another avenue to express their academic inkling above their BFS (Best of Four Subjects) Aggregate. To express why they chose to study the subject they applied for in not more than 250 words. St. Stephen College specifically allows a section on Extra-Curricular achievements, to filled by the applicant in not more than 150 words.
- Both the colleges release their individual cut-off lists according to the various reservations in seats according to the different subjects they offer, simultaneously when the DU cut-off list is released.
- Apart from the release of a cut off list, St. Stephen’s conducts a series of application procedures following it; including aptitude tests and interviews for each applicant under subjects they had applied for and have met the cut-off. The details for the aptitude test are guided through in the college’s prospectus (https://www.ststephens.edu/prospectus/), the interview on the other hand greatly varies. But, a few common questions include; a) The applicant’s interests on the subject b) Questions based on the SOP, written by the applicant. c) basic questions featured on general news and knowledge centred around the applied subject. Having a calm, confident and sharp manner of conduct is a tool to success.
- The colleges like DU, also have Sports and ECA (Extra-Curricular activities) reservations for applicants showing excellence in spheres of Sports and Extracurriculars. JMC allows registration under both above-mentioned categories. But, Stephen’s has no provision for Extracurriculars. Furthermore, St.Stephen’s College for the first time this year has introduced a segment for Women’s Football in their sports reservation category. More details about sports trials and certification procedures can be found on the individual college websites.
- Residence Facilities: St.Stephen’s College has provisions for On-Campus residence for its applicants, though seats are greatly limited and are mostly reserved for outstation applicants. JMC has no provision for residents and applicants must seek outside residence around the college.
Apart from the above-mentioned information, each applicant must visit the websites of the individual colleges for further information regarding the same, the links are as follows:
Best of Luck!
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram