A good night’s sleep is incredibly important for your health. In fact, it’s just as important as eating healthy and exercising. Unfortunately, our lifestyle is interfering with natural sleep patterns.
People are now sleeping less than they did in the past, and sleep quality has decreased as well.
ALSO READ: World No-Tobacco Day: Tips to quit smoking
Here is a list of tips to help you sleep better:
• Avoid Caffeine: It is a known fact that caffeine tends to disrupt sleep patterns and therefore if you avoid the intake of caffeine – you will definitely see a positive change in your sleeping pattern.
• Use Of Electronic Devices: Use of electronic devices at night adversely impacts sleep as the exposure to light leads your brain to believe that it is day time. This impacts the functioning of hormones which help in providing deep sleep. Therefore, it will be beneficial to not use any electronic devices at nigh-time.
• Consistent Sleep Schedule: It is essential to have a regular and consistent sleep pattern as this enables your body clock to get used to certain timings and helps to provide better sleep.
• Consumption Of Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol also disrupts sleeping patterns and it is a proven fact that those who do not consume alcohol after evening-time get better sleep than those who do.
• Create a soothing sleep environment: Create a soothing and calm environment for yourself before sleeping by keeping the room dark, wearing an eye-mask and keeping your bed positioned away from windows to avoid light.
• Avoid eating heavy food for dinner: Avoid eating heavy food for dinner which might cause discomfort and disrupt sleep.
• Exercise Daily: Exercising daily helps to release the required hormones and helps to keep the body healthy- this helps to get better sleep.
• Avoid long naps during the day: Taking daytime naps reduces your sleep requirement at night and it is a proven fact that those who do not take long naps during the day sleep better at night.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news genie