The much-awaited first private jet terminal is all set to open in Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Aiport in May 2019. It will be a dedicated terminal for private jets used by travellers to fly to places of their choice. The terminal will be linked by the separate road leading to the terminal.
Here are some facts you need to know about the terminal:
- It is going to be the first-of-its-kind in the country and is a part of the Delhi airport’s master plan.
- Interested travellers will get to book a private six-seater jet for a round-trip from Delhi to Mumbai and back at a cost of approximately Rs. 50,000 per person.
- The prices will be levied on a per-hour basis and will differ with the type of aircraft one selects.
- The 22-acre wide terminal commenced its work in March 2018 and the airport run consortium has been led by the GMR group.
- The charges will be based on the requirements such as seating, choice of aircraft, waiting, the market rate per hour, availability, and airport charges.
- Across the entire terminal, there will be sculptures reminiscent of the Mughal era as well as artificial water bodies.
- Owing to this terminal, a faster turnaround of business and chartered planes are expected and will be a boon in comparison to the general passenger terminals.
- The design of the terminal building will be such that it will be able to hold around 60 aircraft movements per day and will have a capacity of 200 passengers in one day.