The nation is all geared up to celebrate the 70th Republic Day on Saturday. In the wake of Republic Day Parade, elaborate traffic arrangements and restrictions have been put in place.
The Delhi police have issued a traffic advisory for smooth movement during the course of the parade.
The parade will begin at 9.50 am from Vijay Chowk and proceed towards the Red Fort grounds through the Rajpath, India Gate, Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and Netaji Subhash Marg. The celebrations at India Gate will begin at 9 am.
— Delhi Traffic Police (@dtptraffic) January 25, 2019
According to a traffic advisory, no vehicle will be allowed on Rajpath, from Vijay Chowk to India Gate, from 6 pm on January 25 till the parade is over.
‘C’-Hexagon-India Gate will be closed for vehicular movement from 02.00 am on January 26 till the parade crosses Tilak Marg, the statement read.
Metro services will be available for commuters at all stations on Republic Day, barring entry and exit at few stations at Line 2 (HUDA City Centre – Samaypur Badli) and Line 3 (Dwarka Sector 2- Noida City Centre) and Line 4 (Vaishali to Yamuna Bank).
Line 2 (HUDA City Centre – Samaypur Badli)
- Entry and exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro Stations will remain closed from 6 am to 12 noon
- Patel Chowk and Lok Kalyan Marg Metro Stations entry and exit will remain closed from 8: 45 am to 12: 00 noon.
- Central Secretariat station will only used for interchange of passengers between line 2 and line 6.
Line 3 (Dwarka Sector 2- Noida City Centre) and Line 4 (Vaishali to Yamuna Bank)
- Trains will be stopped at Mandi House and Pragati Maidan Metro stations during the period when parade passes under Tilak Bridge.
- During this period (train stoppage), trains will be run in three short loops on this corridor: NOIDA City Centre to Indraprasth, Vaisahali to Yamuna Bank and Dwarka Sector 21 to Barakhamba Road
Line 6 (Kashmere Gate Escorts Mujesar)
- Certain entry/exit gates at ITO (Gate NO. 3 & 4), Delhi Gate (Gate No. 1, 4 & 5), Lal Quila (Gate No. & 4), and Jama Masjid (Gate No. 3 & 4) will remain closed from start at revenue services till 12:00 Noon.
Delhi Trafic police also proposed the route for the comuters