The Sentinelese are a natives from the North Sentinel Island in Andaman and Nicobar. They do not come in contact with the outside world and stay confined within their own tribe. With the help of arrows and stones, this tribe has turned down all the invaders on the island and are known to be one of the last untouched tribes throughout the world.
Here are some lesser known facts of this hostile Sentinel tribe.
- Among 100 uncontacted tribes in the world, the Sentinelese is one of them.
- There are about 40 Sentinelese tribesmen and they all live in the North Sentinel Island of Andaman and Nicobar.
- These people avoid being in contact in any other tribes and their language is spoken and understood within their own tribe.
- According to beliefs, the Sentinelese are extremely primitive and even concepts like fire-making are unknown to them. Their only source of fire-making is lighting.
- The tools they use are still ancient and they live a life without any knowledge of agriculture.
- The Sentinelese people are known to attack outsiders who try to visit the island.
- Their violent response is a type of a pattern of violence when outsiders try to invade the area and contact them.