Former Indian opener, Virender Sehwag, is one of the greatest cricketers in the world. He is perhaps the most devastating opening batsman that the cricketing world has ever seen.
Throughout his outstanding career in cricket, Sehwag had several iconic moments which are still etched in the memory of his fans and fellow cricketers.
Here we take a look at 6 of the best:
- The only opener with 7500+ runs in the tests and the ODIs.
- Only Indian Batsman to hit 2 triple centuries in test cricket.
- Recipient of the Arjuna Award in 2002 and Padma Shri in 2010.
- Sehwag holds multiple records including the highest score made by an Indian in Test cricket (319), which was also the fastest triple century in the history of international cricket (reached 300 off only 278 balls) as well as the fastest 250 by any batsman (in 207 balls against Sri Lanka on 3 December 2009 at the Brabourne stadium in Mumbai).
- He also holds the distinction of being one of four batsmen in the world to have ever surpassed 300 twice in Test cricket and the only one to score two triple centuries and take a five-wicket innings haul. In March 2009, Sehwag smashed the fastest century ever scored by an Indian in ODI cricket, from 60 balls.
- Virender Sehwag smashed 219 from 149 balls to break the record for the highest one-day international score as India thrashed West Indies by 153 runs.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news genie