The contribution of the Indian Armed Forces towards the nation has been tremendous, especially, in the areas of war and peace. Parakram Parv or Surgical Strike Day is celebrated in India on September 28 to September 30 to remember and honour the valour, courage, and sacrifice for the nation. The Indian government is gearing up to showcase and celebrate the bravery of the forces through the surgical strike memories on the terrorist launch pads in the year 2016 in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir. The three-day event will be celebrated with great pomp and show throughout the country.
Now that you know what the Surgical Strike Day is all about, here are some more facts that require attention.
- #ParakramParv is celebrated in India between September 28 to September 30 in the lawns of India Gate, Rajpath, New Delhi.
- The government of India has announced that every state needs to participate in the event.
- The inauguration of the event was carried out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jodhpur at the Combined Commanders’ Conference this morning.
- An exhibition will be set up in the India Gate lawns today till September 30 which will have a selfie wall and a video wall and stalls that would exhibit the equipment used by all the three defence services.
- An event will be conducted by the Defence Ministry with the Indian army, navy and air force.
- During the celebrations, an eight-minute-long video will be played of the 2016 surgical strike.
- Performances will be held by singers like Kailash Kher, Sukhwinder Singh and Mohit Chauhan as a special tribute to the event.
- The equipment and weapons used for the display will be and there will be video clippings focusing on the life of the soldiers at LoC which will be used for school children.