Everyone must have seen the evergreen film ‘Mother India’ starring Sunil Dutt and late wife Nargis Dutt! No one could have played his role better than Sunil Dutt himself. However, there are a lot of facts that you must not be knowing yet about him besides just being a veteran actor. His career in films spanned for almost forty years and in twenty movies out of them, Sunil Dutt played the role of a villain.
Here are some interesting facts of Sunil Dutt’s life.
- During the Indian partition, when Sunil Dutt 18-year-old, he was trapped and saved by a man named Jacob and his family.
- He served as a Radio Jockey with Radio Ceylon where he used to interview celebrities. It was then that he wanted to be a part of the film industry.
- The movie in which he made his debut was ‘Railway Platform’ in the year 1955.
- In the South Indian film industry, Sunil Dutt gained a lot of publicity from his fans.
- In an appeal for global militarization, he walked from Nagasaki to Hiroshima in the year 1988.
- After his wife Nargis Dutt died of pancreatic cancer, Dutt opened the Nargis Dutt Foundation in her tribute to cure cancer patients.
- While shooting for Mother India, he rescued Nargis from a blazing fire with a blanket on the sets of ‘Mother India’ and that is when their love story began.
- Sunil Dutt received the position of Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports in the year 2004-05 and served as the minister till his death.
- The last movie in which he was seen as ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ sharing the screen with his son Sanjay Dutt.
- The veteran actor breathed his last in 2005 after succumbing to a heart attack.