- All eyes will be on the progress of monsoon, that has been slower than expected. India Meteorological Department last week said that the cumulative rainfall for the country has been 7 per cent below the long-period average for the period July 1 to July 4 .
- Data on inflation India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI), Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for May 2018 and trade data are likely to be released on Thursday (July 12). India’s industrial output grew 4.9 per cent year-on-year in April 2018.
- Earnings season starts with with TCS expected to announce April-June quarter result on Tuesday (July 10) followed by Infosys later in the week.
- The NCLT to pronounce order on Tata-Mistry case on Monday
- Investors will observe the movement of rupee against the US dollar and global crude oil prices for further cues.
- European Central Bank President Mario Draghi addresses the European Parliament on Monday (July 9) and may talk of the timing of a rate increase next year.
- Chinese trade data due at the end of the week. Likely to indicate slightly slower export growth, after early indicators pointed to softer overseas demand and weaker export orders.
- China releases June PPI and CPI on Tuesday (July 10,11)
- US June inflation report to be released on Thursday (July 12)
- Earnings season gets going with J PMorgan Chase & Co. and Citigroup due to declare results