CEO dies in cellphone explosion

File photo pf an exploding phone

Mobile phones accidents have led to grievous injuries but it turned fatal for the 45-year-old CEO in Malaysia. Nazrin Hassan, the head of the Cradle Fund, died a few days ago, due to an exploding handphone that was being charged next to him, according to his postmortem report.

One of Hassan’s two smartphones exploded while charging in his Malaysia bedroom and it caught fire. From the available reports, it appears that the initial explosion caused some sort of injury that may have incapacitated the man. A message from the family that has been circulating on social media quoted Nazrin’s brother-in-law that at some point the phone had overheated and exploded, causing a blunt trauma at the back of Nazrin’s head and caused his death.

ALSO READ: BEWARE! Phone explodes in man’s pocket in Mumbai

Police had earlier said Nazrin was trapped in a bedroom fire at his double-storey terrace house in Mutiara Damansara yesterday and probably died of smoke inhalation. He had also suffered burns on his body, according to the Star publication. Nazrin leaves behind his wife and four children, according to the Star.

Cradle chief operations officer Razif Aziz said: “Cradle has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Nazrin have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor.”

Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news genie

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here