- On Monday the 30-share BSE Sensex will see a change. Vedanta will replace Dr Reddy’s Labs, increasing the weight of metals sector in the benchmark index to 2.6 per cent. The existing metal player in the headline index Tata Steel carries 1.3 per cent weight. Vedanta, too, will have 1.3 per cent weight. However, the healthcare sector will hit an eight-year low. In December 2017, Cipla and Lupin were excluded from the benchmark, leaving Sun Pharma in the benchmark index.
- State-owned RITES (Rail India Technical and Economic Services) is all set to launch its IPO on June 20. The price band of the offer has been set between Rs 180-185 per share with face value of Rs 10 each. The company aims to raise Rs 466.2 crore, as a part of this disinvestment programme.
- US President Donald Trump’s America first policy hasnt gone down well other countries. First the EU and now China are contemplating counter-measures to the import tariifs announced by the US. Friday’s announcement that the US will go ahead with tariffs on $50 billion of Chinese imports, had Beijing promising a quick response.
- India too joined, as the government decided to increase import tariffs on 30 items from the US amounting to $240 million in response against tariffs imposed by the latter on aluminium and steel imports in March.
- The OPEC will meet on June 22 and 23 to review their production agreement. Opec and other exporters including Russia appear poised to ease voluntary production limits, which have helped shrink a global oil glut since they went into effect in January 2017. The producer group pumps about 40 per cent of the world’s oil.
- A three-day forum of the European Central Bank will start on Monday in Portugal. In its policy meet last week, the ECB, said it would end asset purchases by the end of the year, but decided to keep interest rates at current record lows at least through the summer of 2019.
- On Monday, the U.K. House of Lords takes up the Brexit withdrawal bill after dramatic votes in the Commons, with details likely to emerge on the amendment that quelled a revolt by pro-EU Conservatives.
- U.S. housing data will be released on Tuesday.
- Bank of England rate decision on Thursday.
- On Thursday: U.S. jobless claims, New Zealand GDP, South Korea export data.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news genie