Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar a.k.a the master blaster a.k.a The GOD had become a household name since his debut in the world of cricket. “Sachin ne kitne banaye?” (How much did Sachin score?) had remain one common question everyone use ask after every match for over two decades.
From debut at the age of 16 to scoring a double century on ODI to scoring 100 international centuries, Sachin’s life has been nothing less than an inspiration story which inspired cricketers not only in India but abroad.
On the Master Blaster’s 45th birthday, we bring you the 15 Sachin moments which proves why he is ‘The God of Cricket’:
1. When Sachin use to come in to bat everyone uses to be glued to their Television sets
2.When Tendulkar made his debut at the age of 16 against Pakistan and impressed everyone
3.Tendulkar scored his first Test century in Manchester against powerful England bowling line-up. Back then, Tendulkar also became the youngest player to score a century in England
3. Even before he was a professional cricketer, he had set a by hitting a 664 run partnership with Vinod Kambli in an inter-school cricket match in Mumbai
4. At 18, he was the first non-English member of the Yorkshire Cricket Club
5. In 1992, he became the youngest cricketer to reach 1000 runs in Test cricket
6. Back in 1998, Tendulkar scored the most hundreds in a calendar year. He made 9 centuries
7. He loved cricket so much that he slept with his cricket gear in his junior days
8. Scoring 140 against Kenya in the 1999 ICC World Cup soon after his father’s funeral
9. In 2010 Tendulkar created history, becoming the first ever batsman to score 200-runs in an ODI
10. He gave little boys all over India the courage to follow their dreams
(The quote was originally published in Time Magzine)