The deteriorating air quality in Delhi-NCR not only poses serious health risks to the children, elderly and those with certain medical conditions but also to the general public. Residents have been advised not to venture outside to reduce the negative effects of pollution.
While solving the challenges of air pollution remains a huge task for the lawmakers, there are many things you can do on your personal level to help reduce the health risk of toxic pollutants.
Here are a few tips you can follow to help protect yourself and your family from air pollution:
- Avoid morning & evening walks and outdoor exercises, doing so will harm your lungs and generate toxic materials into them. Do exercise but only indoors.
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits rich in vitamin C, magnesium, omega fatty acids that can help fight any allergy or infection.
- Gur (Jaggery) is considered to be extremely effective to clean your lungs that are essential in the smogged capital. Take it along with ghee and soonth, during mornings and at night, and it will help you in making your immunity stronger.
- Have our grandmothers favourite combo, the Haldi and milk combo, preferably before sleeping, it will make you help in fighting the fatigue that is being caused because of the pollution.
- When going outdoors, make sure that you wear a good quality anti-pollution mask, such as – N99 VOG mask, N95 air masks. Do not wear a surgical mask as it is not effective in fighting the pollution.
- Consider having indoor plants in your house – houseplants are scientifically proven to help reduce indoor air pollution. Spider plants, Golden Pothos, Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema), are some of the best air-purifying plants in your home. They are easy to care as well.
ALSO READ: NewsMobile Pollution Watch
- Purchase an air purifier for your houses and keep cleaning its filter as well. Air purifiers are considered extremely essential in fighting the war with pollution.
- Have herbal ginger and tulsi tea in adequate quantity.
- Stay hydrated, especially keep having hot water that will help you in fighting the sore throat and give you comfort.
- Take a steam before going to bed, it will help in cleaning your lungs and will help making breathing easy as we need oxygen at a higher rate during pollution.
- Have 2 spoons of cow ghee everyday. Put it in your food and it will help you getting the much needed energy boost.
- Avoid places that have more traffic or with construction sites.
Hope these tips help you in fighting the war of air pollution that has entered our capital.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones!