New Delhi: The Election Commission on Wednesday announced the dates for the upcoming assembly polls in the state of Gujarat.
Here’s all you need to know about the Gujarat polls:
- The Chief Election Commission announced the election for 182 seats in two-phase.
- Voting to take place in two phases on December 9 and 14; counting on December 18.
- The height of voting compartment increased to maintain secrecy. EVMs and VVPATs to be present at all polling stations.
- 50,128 polling booths to be set up for Gujarat polls.
- VVPAT machines will be used in the polling: CEC
- The model code of conduct immediately into effect.
- Counting on December 18, 2017, jointly with Himachal Pradesh.
The Election Commission had, however, rejected the Opposition’s charge and asserted that no special preference was given to any political party.
The term of 13th state assembly ends on January 22, 2018.