The Haryana Director General of Police (DGP), B.S. Sandhu has said that the bodyguards of Dera Sacha Sauda chief, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, who misbehaved with police personnel taking the self-styled Godman to jail in the police car, were arrested.
“Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s bodyguards wanted to take him in his car, but as he was convicted, we said he would be taken in police car. There was an argument and finally he was taken in the police vehicle. We arrested the bodyguards who misbehaved with the police personnel,” Sandhu said in a press conference.
“We had a plan to take him by road to jail, but were not possible due to the violence. No VIP treatment is being given to him,” he added.
The Haryana DGP, however, refrained to comment on the reports of the arrest of five Haryana police personnel who were a part of Z-plus security cover of Rahim Singh, for obstructing government duty.
Meanwhile, DGP Sandhu denied reports of manhandling of IPS officers by Rahim’s followers during the whole high voltage drama.
“I had personally talked to both the IPS officers. One is DCP Sumit Kumar who was in-charge of the court proceedings and the other one was, IG Karnal Subhash Yadav, who was security in-charge. Nobody misbehaved with them,” he said.
“The law and order situation was under DCP Panchkula, later he was suspended and now the new DCP has taken over,” he added.
Reportedly, two private security guards who were arrested for obstructing government officers were produced in a local court yesterday and remanded to seven days of police custody.
Meanwhile, following developments have taken place in the DSS chief rape case:
- Around 30 died in Panchkula, six in Sirsa and 269 were injured.
- There are about 3000-4000 people at Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa who are vacating gradually.
- No incident reported in last 24 hours.
- Court will be in Sonaria (jail), Rohtak and arrangements are being made.
- Notification has been issued to make arrangements for sitting of CBI Court in Sunaria District Jail, Panchkula for pronouncement of quantum of sentence against Ram Rahim Singh tomorrow.
- However, Haryana DGP B.S. Sandhu has said that, “Ram Rahim Singh won’t be produced in Panchkula”.
- Deputy Advocate General, Gurdas Singh Salwara was sacked after he was reportedly seen carried luggage of Ram Rahim Singh.
- People have vacated Dera Sacha Sauda Ashram in Bajenka village and the premises are being inspected by Police and Army in Sirsa district, Haryana.
- We found axes, batons, petrol bombs etc. there. All objectionable objects have been seized and Dera has been vacated says Kaithal DC.
- Curfew will be relaxed, will assess situation, if everything remains peaceful will lift curfew soon says SSP Bhatinda, Punjab.
- Post-mortem of the bodies of the deceased is underway; 90 people were admitted last night, no case of bullet injury has been found, says CMO, Civil Hospital, Panchkula.
Also Read: Tinseltown disappointed by Dera violence
- Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh chaired a high-level meeting to assess the law and order situation in the state after the violence which erupted post Ram Rahim Verdict.
- Punjab Police and Army conducted a flag march in the Moga district of Punjab.
- Police is in the process of establishing the identity of the 28 dead persons, says Haryana Chief Secretary, Depinder Singh.
Yesterday, Chief Ministers of Haryana and Punjab, Manohar Lal Khattar and Captain Amarinder Singh issued separate appeals for maintenance of law and order and calm after followers of Ram Rahim went berserk with grief and anger over his conviction.