Reliance Jio announced the launch of the much awaited 4G feature phone today. The Telcom giant has announced its cable TV services as well. Here are ten things you need to know about the launch:
1. The phone is set to be available for free but buyers will have to deposit a fee of Rs 1500 which will be refundable after three years.
2. The phone launch took place at the 40th AGM meet of RIL. Beta testing for this Jio phone will begin this 15th August, while pre booking will start from 24th August.
3. It will available in the markets from September this year.
Jio termed it as “India ka smartphone”.
“It is made in India by the young Indian,” Esha Ambani told announcing the launch of the phone.
4. The feature phone comes preloaded with all Jio applications like Jio Cinema, Jio Music etc.
5. The phone comes with Alpha numeric keypad, 2.4 inch QVGA display, FM radio, Torch light, Headphone Jack, SD card slot, Four-way navigation system, Phone Contact, Call History and Jio Apps.
6. At the AGM meeting, Mukesh Ambani said that voice calling will forever be free for Jio customers. He said that Jio services will be integrated with all e-commerce players soon.
7. The Jio feature phone users can avail the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan offer at just Rs 153 per month. Under this offer, they will get free voice and SMS as well as unlimited data.
8. Jio phone cable TV price at Rs 309 per month for bigger screen devices
9. Two sachets packs have also been announced – a Rs 54 with a validity of a week and Rs 24 for two days.
10. Ambani is now talking about Jio Fiber, the fixed line broadband program for the company. He says its a part of the company’s plans and he will apprise shareholders of all updates in the future.